Who are the main characters in the novel? do you like them? why or why not? what is special about them? what do they reveal about the universal human experience?
The main characters for this novel are Montag, Clarisse, Mildred, Faber, and Beatty. And there are some minor character who just come out once or twice. Montag is the most main character who is a fireman.(burn things rather than stopping.) Clarisse is a young girl who think about herself and have some knowledge. Mildred is Montags wife who dies in the end because of sleeping peels and other stuff. Beatty is the boss of this fireman system. Faber and Grager are people who have same opinion with Montag. Montag doesn't think anything is wrong until he meet Clarisse. The character who I like the most is Montag, becuase Montag finally realizes what he has done and think about himself. Also he tries to escape from the city or country where there are kind of fireman who burns things. Clarisse is aslo one of my favorite character too because she helps Montag to realize what he has done and she is a person who has knowledge and different from other people. And in the beginning of the story she disappears and Montag thinks she is dead by car accident because her wfie heard a rumor.
Montag and Clarisse are quite special because they tried to escape from the government and the system, who are trying to burn all the books and country. And I think it reveals the basic unit of life in the human experience and knowledge. What I mean by that is human experiences cannot be erased by the people like governments. They are in our mind forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like your last two sentences. Montag and Clarisse are my favorites too! I liked Montag's attitude toward what he thought was important and meaningful. He did what other's wouldn't do, and I think it is a reason I liked him in the story. It was fun to read what Clarisse was saying. I could learn alot from her. Unfortunately, Clarisse didn’t appear anymore on the book so it was hard to read without her amazing ability to see things. I was disappointed when she was gone. She and Montag could have done a lot of things with other people.
Post a Comment